- First, login to your HostGator c-Panel and
- Scroll down to the section “Domains.”
- Click on “Addon Domains.”
- Type in the Domain Name you wish to add. Do not include the http://
- The next two boxes will automatically populate
- Create a password
- Click the “Add Domain” button
** Note that if you have purchased your domain through GoDaddy.com or another company besides HostGator (I use DirectNic.com) you must change your name-server information to point to hostgator. Follow the information in the hostgator tutorial to update your name-servers. This is a simple thing to do.
You will see the following confirmation screen once you have added your new domain to your HostGator account.
If you would like to install WordPress on your new domain, click on the “Home” button at the top left.
How to Install WordPress in HostGator
Scroll down to the section titled “Software and Services” and click on “QuickInstall”
You may be prompted to “login” or create an account the first time you use QuickInstall. If so, just follow the prompts.
Click on “Install WordPress”
Go to the section titled “Install WordPress for Free” and click on “Install WordPress”
Select your domain name from the drop-down menu.
Type in an email address you wish to use for your “admin” account.
Type in title for the name of your website, or blog.
Create an admin “username” and type in your First and Last name.
Click the “Install WordPress” button.
- You will see a message that your install is working.
- Then you will see a message that your WordPress Installation is complete.
- You’ll also see a link to “View your Credentials”
- You will also receive an email confirming your WordPress Installation.
- Inside that email is a link to your WordPress Admin Panel, username, and password.
- Save this email, do not delete it!
Click on the link to login to your WordPress Admin Panel
Note your username, and copy your password.
Login to WordPress
This next Lesson will show you the Important Basics of How to Customize your WordPress Blog.